A storm poem...

The Storm Felled Me




The storm felled me,
but it did not kill me.
I became stronger.
I can stand while on horizontal.

-- workingpinoy.com


I first saw a similar quote when I watched the movie "Conan, the Barbarian," starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.
The movie opened with 
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger” 


The quote "What does not kill me makes me stronger" is one of the aphorisms in the "Epigrams and Arrows" section of the book "Twilight of the Idols," first published in 1889 and written by  
Friedrich Nietzsche, a German philosopher and essayist.

Nietzsche was hospitalized in an asylum in January 1889, later released to the care of his mother and sister, and then died on August 15, 1900 without recovering his sanity.

storm poem, storm quote

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post