|The smaller pool. The rooms with views of the lake.|
This resort hotel is part of the business that owns the popular Splash Mountain where lots of families and couples go to for their get-together or day or night swimming adventures.
City of Springs offers a view of the Laguna Lake. In the early morning, you can take the resort's side exit and mingle with townspeople exercising, taking a walk, or playing basketball.
If you have an ice box with you, you can also buy some of the fresh fish sold by Laguna Lake fishermen along the lakeshore.
|Basketball court outside the resort, beside the lake|
This resort hotel has:
- rooms with views of the Laguna Lake -- 1,740 pesos for 2, 2,240 for 4
- standard rooms -- 1,500 pesos for 2, 2,160 for 4
- rooms with hot indoor pool -- 2,240 to 3,640 pesos for 4
- rooms for lower budgets at Victoria Lodge -- 740 pesos for two, 930 for 4
- rooms at ground level, fronting the resort's hot swimming pool and restaurant
- ground-level rooms are great if you need to move things from your car and vice versa
- wi-fi at the lobby and restaurant area
- accepts Mastercard and Visa credit cards
- you can bring food. If you're checking in late, bring food, as the restaurant closes early.
We went to this resort hotel when we wanted to celebrate and our first choice, Island Cove, which had a promo package, was full. We looked for an affordable place with a view, and City of Springs was a good substitute. It was good we brought some food, as we arrived late at night, and the resort's dining facility was already closed.
How to go to City of Springs:
Take the Calamba exit of the Southern Luzon Expressway. Turn right to Calamba to connect to the national highway. From the Calamba-Los Banos boundary, City of Springs' sister resort Splash Mountain is one km away, on the left side of the highway.
Passing Splash Mountain, about one km away, turn left to a wide road between two elementary schools. Then turn right when you reach a fork in the road. Turn left at the fifth corner -- could be third or fourth corner, just keep looking, as you can see the entrance of City of Springs from that vantage point.
|Fishermen selling what they just caught|
|Laguna Lake at about 5 am|